Monday, April 13, 2015

Learning the Difference Between Count and Non-Count Nouns with Ted ED


Today I created my first TEDEd lesson and used a YouTube video depicting the differences between count and non-count nouns. The lesson creating process was easy to follow and different take hardly any time at all.


The main language learning object of this lesson is to help students understand what count and non-count nouns are as well as what the differences are between these two main categories.

In order to incorporate this lesson into my classroom and evaluate whether or not my student(s) have understood the concept. I would hand out a worksheet with two columns. One would be labeled "Count Nouns" and the other side would be "Non-Count Nouns" I would then give the students a minute and a half to write down as many nouns as they could think of while putting them in the correct columns. I would then write the same two columns on the board and have a basket full of slips of paper with different nouns written on them. One by one students would take a noun from the basket and write it on the board under the column they think it belongs under. 

1 comment:

  1. So far you are the only one who has used a video explaining grammar, but I think that is an excellent idea. It gives the students a chance to view the video and the related articles at their own pace and then come to class to practice what they have learned or ask about questions they have.

    ReplyDelete